You must register online immediately for your Language Assessment. It is essential that you follow the registration instructions and adhere to the deadlines. Your assessment must be written before the start of term (Domestic Students).
International students should book a date and time for their language assessment taking into account their arrival date on campus.
If you do not complete the assessment in the required time, your timetable cannot be finalized and your course selection and options will be limited.
Book a date and time via myStudent Centre to write your assessment. To access our online reservation system:
- Log into myStudent Centre using your Sheridan username and password
- Go to the Admissions section and click “Event Registration”
- Click on the "Register" button beside Language Assessment.
- Choose a date from the list of available dates. You will be able to select one date only.
- Review the information for the selected session carefully. Click the Confirm button to finalize your choice, or click the Return button to make another selection.
Students should complete their Language Assessment as early as possible. Your assessment must be written by the start of term (Domestic Students).
- If students do not complete the assessment in the required time, Sheridan cannot guarantee that their Communication Skills placement will be available prior to the semester start
- A student's timetable cannot be finalized until they are placed in the appropriate communications course
- Check myStudent Centre for timetable and other start-of-term information
- Space availability at the assessments is limited
Students with a disability who require accommodation in the assessment process, should register with Accessible Learning Services. Visit: http://accessiblelearningservices.sheridancollege.ca for more information.
Based on your assessment scores, you will consequently be placed into either Communications Foundations (COMM19997) or Essential Communication Skills (COMM19999). Students who are placed into Communications Foundations will then need to complete Essential Communication Skills. The successful completion of Essential Communication Skills is a requirement of graduation; additional course fees will be incurred for students who do not take Essential Communication Skills in the first semester of their program.
Go to http://www.sheridancollege.ca/admissions/assessment-centre/language-assessment.aspx for more information on Language Assessment and Essential Communication Skills/ Communications Foundations.
If you have difficulty booking your assessment, please call our Contact Centre at 905-845-9430 (Oakville) or 905-459-7533 (Brampton). Once you connect, choose option 4.
You can email: email@example.com
Students can also call the Contact Centre, Monday to Thursday from 8:00am until 8:00pm, Friday from 8:00am until 4:30pm and Saturday from 9:00am until 1:00pm at one of the following numbers:
- From the Brampton calling area: 905-459-7533
- From the Hamilton calling area: 905-681-4611
- All other calling areas: 905-845-9430